Monday, October 6, 2008

You're Invited to Dinner at Che Lunay

So, I'm a little over two weeks removed from my Derrty Thirty...and I guess I'm truly living the bachelor lifestyle now. Moms and Pops are moving into their new place and I gots the house all to myself. Finally huh? As happy as I am on my own, I'm just more happy that my parents were able to find a place where they can continue to enjoy their retirement. And it's only an hour away...the drive ain't too bad.

So being on my own, my biggest concern was how I'm gonna eat. I just can't come home now to a home cooked meal from moms and pops. So what's a bachelor to do?

Problem solved! My coworker and his family do Dream Dinners! It's a business that provides a monthly menu where you pick certain dishes and they provide all the recipes and ingredients. You sign up for a monthly session and they have all these stations ready where you can assemble your meals by throwing all your ingredients into a ziploc bag or a tray. You can freeze the food and then thaw and cook it when you're you're craving a certain meal. I had my first session on Saturday and it was quite fun! Signed up for 6 three-serving meals for only $75. It might seem expensive at first but you end up saving a lot since you're not running to the grocery store for random ingredients and you're not spending tons of money eating out.

So if anyone wants to come over for dinner...here's the menu for the month at my house:
Firehouse 3 Cheese Pasta with Meatballs
Salmon and Crab Pinwheels
Tangy Down Home Pork Chops
Classic Chicken and Dumplings
Canadian Bacon Stuffed French Bread
Buffalo Chicken
Pecan Crusted Chicken
Pulled Pork Sandwiches

For more info, go to http://www.dreamdinners.com/ and see if it's something that will curve your expenses. Or recruit a friend or two and chip in for meals together. I'm totally sold on this business as you can tell. Makes you wonder...why can't I ever come up with an idea like this? Oh to have that entrepreneurial drive in one's blood...I certainly don't have it...yet!

Feel free to RSVP via the comments...haha!