Monday, October 20, 2008

The List That Taketh Away What Little Street Cred I Had

It's no secret that I am a fan of boy band music and all the corny lyrics and fancy footwork that goes with it. I can honestly say that I wish I could be in a boy band...pretty much cuz I could be everything I'm not. I'm not a good singer nor a good dancer plus I don't have any girls flocking after me. So, with all this recent fan-damonium of the New Kids on the Block, it had me thinking of my favorite WHITE Boy Bands and my favorite song/video of each one. I actually remember making a CD at Tiffany Blue's house and giving it the title "Tighty Whities." So in keeping up with my fellow blog-stars and their lists, here goes my first ever list...

5) O-TOWN: Their lyrics were pretty damn cheesy and always get stuck in your head. Matter of fact their lyrics were quite sexual as displayed in "We Fit Together"


4) BACKSTREET BOYS: Granted they came out with a ton of songs, they only had a few that I really liked. "Quit Playing Games with my Heart" came in a very close second to..."I Want It That Way"


3) 98 DEGREES: Underrated on most lists pretty much cuz they couldn't dance. But their songs put them high on mine. Tough call but #4)This Gift, #3)Because of You, #2)The Hardest Thing, #1)Invisible Man


2) NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK: I must confess that I was a fan back in the day and still am. I mean they are the originators of cheesy pop music! Really tough call but "The Right Stuff" barely beats out "Step by Step" pretty much cuz of the dancing.


1) *NSYNC: The best boy band of all-time! They revived the genre and put it on another level! #4)I Want You Back #3)The Two of Us #2)Tearin' Up My Heart and #1(Bye Bye Bye


Just Missed the Cut:
#6) Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply (yeah not really a boy band per se but they had to be included)
#7) BBMak - Back Here
#8) Boyzone - No Matter What
#9) LFO - Girl on TV

Honestly, I just wanted all these videos on one page so I can watch them over and over....haha! After all this, I wouldn't be surprised if I get kicked out of the Fifth Dimension, since they probably don't want to be labeled as soft. Haha!

5 comments:

rolsuno said...

you just lose street cred.. you will always be a 5TH DEM. MEMBER!!

tiffanyblue said...

when: frosh year
location: ucd - malcolm 5
the line that changed it all: "hey can you search for some group called nsync for me?"

that day will go down in history, my friend.

Mos Jef said...

Rols - We got the 5 on it!
Tiff - that moment is forever engrained in my mind! As well as when you said, "Backstreet will be better than *nsync" As always, I never let you live down that comment and remind you every chance you get.

reegsta said...

how come boy bands are only white? why aren't silk/shai/h-town/etc considered boy bands?

Unknown said...

I see you all the time baby
Huh, the way you look at him
I wish it was me, sweetheart
Boy, I wish it was me
But I guess...


that part really gets me....we've all been there.

"Your Letter" by 112, also falls into this type of genre. Damn 90's loves songs!