Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fatboy Slim Gym

The beginning of 2008 brought about the customary New Year's resolution of getting into shape. Instead of joining a "health club" like before (note: to date, one of the most expensive mistakes of my life!), I decided to just join 24 Fitness. I started off strong (in mindset) but weak (in strength)!

Rewind to February 2008:
Skin Fold Measurements (using a caliper)
Weight = 176 lbs; Fat % = 26%; Fat Mass = 45.8; Lean Body Mass = 130.2; Biceps Fat = 8; Triceps fat = 15; Subscapularis fat = 26; Iliac fat = 40

Circumference Measurements (in inches)
Neck = 14.25; Chest = 37; Upper Arm = 12.75; Forearm = 10.5; Waist = 34; Hips = 37.25; Thigh = 17.5; Calf = 14.25

With those numbers, I couldn't do this by myself. I mean damn...half my body was fat! So I decided to sign up with a personal trainer in February. Everything was great to begin...I saw results and my body was changing. In June; my weight was down to 171; my tricep fat went down to 9; my iliac fat went down to 30; my waist was at 30.25.

Then I started to slack for too numerous excuses to list (being sick, going on vacation, pure laziness, etc) and I only went to the gym like once a week when I had a training session. And boy, was my money going down the drain! And you could tell I was becoming a fat lard again.

I knew I was wasting my money. My trainer and I decided that I was gonna go on my own starting September and check back with her monthly. I wanted to prove to her I could do it, so I got a newfound mindset! I'm starting to find a new routine to the point where I'm at the gym as early as 6:45am on some mornings.

Fast Forward to this morning:
Skin Fold Measurements (using a caliper)
Weight = 170.5 lbs; Fat % = 23.5%; Fat Mass = 40.1; Lean Body Mass = 130.4; Biceps Fat = 5; Triceps fat = 6; Subscapularis fat = 20; Iliac fat = 30

Circumference Measurements (in inches)
Neck = 14; Chest = 36.25; Upper Arm = 12.5; Forearm = 10.25; Waist = 29.75; Hips = 35.75; Thigh = 16; Calf = 13.75; Penis = Just Kidding!

I know what you are all thinking. I would make for one curvalicious woman! I mean 36-29-35...damn! You gotta like big butts!

I'm happy but I got lots more work to do to come remotely close to Kram status (which I will never reach). Thanks Kram for the protein shake recommedation...it's damn good!

Mos Jef's Training Tip of the Day (probably goes against one of Kram's gym etiquette rules):
Feel free to do extra sets of shoulder dumbbell exercises when a cute-ass girl is working out next to you. I did like 3 extra exercises! I mean it's only polite to watch her "form" and offer any advice if she is doing anything wrong. But in watching her, her "form" was damn perfect...if you know what I mean! 34-22-30 were my guest-imations!

Reegsta - since you have many excel sheets open now, feel free to chart the above numbers...what's one more sheet huh?

3 comments:

reegsta said...

no homo but you got your waist to be less than 30"?!

Man this whole time I thought u were just using the perfect pushup lol.

Mos Jef said...

That's what my trainer measured but she hella squeezes the tape around my waist. So if she measured you, your waist would probably like 27! I won't ever wear anyhting less than 32-33 waist though since my butt is damn big!

Unknown said...

mos jef.....much props on the weight loss. not going to lie, i kinda get sick of protein shakes....but afterawhile i just start taking shots of them and chase it with diet dr. pepper....yum

THE COLISEUM IS HOME!