Wednesday, November 26, 2008

You Can Call me DJ...Cuz I Scratch on the Side

I have the garage all to myself, so I can park my car anyway I want to now. Usually, I park it right in the center. But last night, I parked it a little to the left. I get out of my car and my garage door is making some funky sounds. Pretty much a sound like something is broken. I check out the scene and I see the release cord got caught on my roof rack causing the sound as the door got stuck. Luckily, it didn't disenage the latch and have the door just fall...on my car! I untangled the cord and made sure the garage door was still working fine. I opened and closed the door several times and it seemed all good.

I made the mental note afterwards to make sure there were no problems with the door when I opened it in the morning. I also made the same mental note when I woke up this morning. But with age (since now I'm 30), I tend to forget things quite quickly nowadays (if I don't write it down). So I have my mind on the errands I have to run today. I open the garage door and hop right into my car. I start backing out...and then all I hear is a thud! I'm like WTF was that?

I'm like oh sh!t...I forgot to check the door! I hop out only to see the garage door on top of the spoiler of my 4-Run. I quickly hop back into my car and move it forward. I, of course, have to examine my car first and don't care so much about the door at that moment. I see the scratches on my spoiler. I'm pissed at how dumb I am! Luckily, they were just scratches and it could have been far worse.

I look at the door and notice it didn't go all the way up. I'm sure the cord had something to do with it again. Now the door has a dent in it and some cracks. Kinda fitting though as the door was set to be replaced by the HOA a few months ago, but they never got around to it. Now they better get around to it! And now I gotta have the compulsive nature of making sure the garage door is fully open before backing out or going in.

I guess 4-Run ain't that perfect anymore. Scratch that! Haha! I guess 4-Run has some character to it now!

1 comment:

reegsta said...

damn! good thing i don't have a garage like that haha.